[linux] Re: Portal software

Jochem Knoops Jochem op Knoops.nu
Do Jun 16 15:26:58 CEST 2005

>Voor mijn eigen website heb ik een beheertool cPanel.
>Dit is bij mij weten niet opensource oid.
>Maar mogelijk kunnen we op zoek gaan naar een opensource variant want voor
>mijn eigen (web)server thuis ben ik ook op zoek naar zoiets.

cPanel is vrij duur kwa licentie ( 1 jaar 450 euro of dollar maar iig prijzig)

Ik kwam op VHCS uit na wat zoeken.
[quote]

about VHCS

VHCS delivers a complete hosting automation appliance by offering
significant security, total-cost-of-ownership, and performance advantages
over competing commercial solutions.

With VHCS Pro you can configure your server and applications, create user
with domains with a few point-and-click operations that take less than a
minute. There is no limit to the number of resellers, users and domains
that can be created.At the core of VHCS Pro are 3 easy-to-use, Web-based
control panels. VHCS provides graphic user interfaces for the
administrators, resellers and users.

VHCS is...

Free
VHCS is <http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/free-sw.html>Free Software and
dedicated to giving users, administrators and developers the ultimate level
of control over their linux web servers, and their data.

Usable
VHCS understands that usability is about creating software that is easy for
everyone to use, not about piling on features.

Supported
Beyond the worldwide VHCS Community, VHCS is supported by the leading
companies in Linux and Unix.

Accessible
Free Software is about enabling software freedom for everyone, including
users, administrators and developers with disabilities. VHCS Accessibility
framework is the result of several years of effort, and makes VHCS the most
accessible control panel for any Linux platform.

International
VHCS is used, developed and supported in dozens of languages, and we strive
to ensure that every piece of VHCS software can be translated into all
languages.
<http://sourceforge.net/projects/vhcs/>VHCS Project on the Source Forge
[/quote]

Heeft er iemand hier al ervaring mee ?