[linux] Re: Import foto's faalde, wat is de beste manier van recovery?

Paul Slootman paul+nospam op wurtel.net
Vr Okt 21 13:18:39 CEST 2005

http://batleth.sapienti-sat.org/projects/FAQs/ext3-faq.html :

   Q: How can I recover (undelete) deleted files from my ext3 partition?

   Actually, you can't! This is what one of the developers, Andreas
   Dilger, said about it:

   In order to ensure that ext3 can safely resume an unlink after a
   crash, it actually zeros out the block pointers in the inode, whereas
   ext2 just marks these blocks as unused in the block bitmaps and marks
   the inode as "deleted" and leaves the block pointers alone.

   Your only hope is to "grep" for parts of your files that have been
   deleted and hope for the best.

Paul Slootman