[linux] Re: Wat gebeurt hier?

Peter Fokker nllgg op berestijn.nl
Di Jul 12 14:56:33 CEST 2011

Rutger van Sleen wrote:
> On Mon, July 11, 2011 22:43, Kees Theunissen wrote:
>> Ik noem dat zeker geen service! Ja, je krijgt altijd antwoord. Maar dat
>> is NIET het antwoord dat je moet krijgen volgens de RFC's.
>
> Klopt, ik zei ook niet dat het zo hoort. Maar in hun ogen zullen
> ze het als service zien.

Deze truc is al eens eerder vertoond (zie
http://slashdot.org/story/03/09/16/0034210):

Resolving Everything: VeriSign Adds Wildcards

DragonHawk writes "As of a little while ago (it is around 7:45 PM US
Eastern on Mon 15 Sep 2003 as I write this), VeriSign added a wildcard A
record to the .COM and .NET TLD DNS zones. The IP address returned is
64.94.110.11, which reverses to sitefinder.verisign.com. What that means
in plain English is that most mis-typed domain names that would formerly
have resulted in a helpful error message now results in a VeriSign
advertising opportunity. For example, if my domain name was
'somecompany.com,' and somebody typed 'soemcompany.com' by mistake, they
would get VeriSign's advertising."

Met vriendelijke groet,

--Peter Fokker