[linux] Re: Iemand Linux werkend gekregen op notebook met Win 8?

meine trialero op gmx.com
Za Jun 15 11:25:56 CEST 2013

On Sat, 15 Jun 2013 00:13:12 +0200
meine <trialero op gmx.com> wrote:

> > in de vorige LinuxFormat stond een stuk over UEFI secureboot.

nu met tekst

from: LinuxFormat 171, June 2013, p 55, 56

"
Custom Partitioning

most linux installers have two options for hard drive setup--automatic and custom. if you select automatic on a UEFI system, it should just work, provided the distro supports UEFI. if you choose custom you need to make sure you create an EFI partition.

in ubuntu 12.10 go to the installation type screen and select Something Else. press the + button do add a partition and give it around 100MB. change the Use As dropdown to be EFI Boot Partition. then partition the rest of the disk as you see fit, and it should work.

in opensuse 12.3 when you get to the Suggest Partitioning screen, press Create Partition Setup, then select Custom Partitioning. create a new partition with a size of around 100 MB, then in the next screen, set the fie system to FAT and the mount point to /boot/efi. continue with the rest of the setup as you wish until you get to the Live Installation Settings screen, here select Booting, change the boot loader to Grub2-EF and check Enable Secure Boot Support.

in Fedora 18 click through to the Installation Destination screen, select the desired drives, then click Next. the Installation Options screen will popup. check I Don't Need Help: Let Ne Customize Disk Partitioning and move on to the Manual Partitions screen. here click into the New Fedora 18 Installation and press +. enter the Desired Capacity as 100MB and the mount point at /boot/efi, then continue on with the rest of your setup.

Disable UEFI

it's a requirement that any non-ARM computer that's windows 8 certified must include the ability to disable UEFI. this is a great option as it means any distribution will still work. the exact process of this will vary depending on the UEFI implementation/BIOS but it should be fairly straightforward.

on our [LXF] test machine we rebooted and held down the delete key to enter setup. then went to Advanced Mode > Boot > CSM (Compatibility Support Module) and set Launch CSM to Enables and Boot Device control to UEFI and Legacy.

setup like this the system will continue to boot Linux distros in the traditional way. it's a little bit awkward to set up but not much more difficult that configuring BIOS to boot from optical drives which we had to do on our older computers.
"

--
//meine