[linux] Re: Hoe te zorgen dat bij xmms ook andere geluiden kunnen worden afgespeeld

Roeland Th. Jansen bengel op grobbebol.xs4all.nl
Zo Apr 10 18:16:57 CEST 2005

On Sun, Apr 10, 2005 at 05:31:34PM +0200, Cecil Westerhof wrote:
> In Gaim kan ik enkel kiezen voor automatisch, ESD en Arts. En alleen met
> automatisch krijg ik geluid.
> xmms kent enkel crossfade, alsa, arts, automatisch, esound, oss en
> sndstretch, maar geen ervan werkt samen met Gaim.

http://www.opensound.com/

    *  Announcing OSS 3.99.2c
          o Announcing support for M-Audio Audiophile 192
          o Announcing support for Linux 2.6.11 (x86 and amd64)
          o Announcing 64bit drivers for Solaris v10 for AMD64
            processors
          o Beta USB audio/midi device support (for Linux only)
            announced
          o New ALSA compatibility library (libsalsa) now available with
            3.99.2a - allows ALSA compatible audio apps to run on OSS and benefit
            from OSS features like Virtual Mixing and 3D effects. Read more about
            our SALSA approach on the OSS Forums

    * OSS is now free for home/personal use and doesn't have any
    * restrictions other than refreshing the software every 4months.

    * New and simplified licensing model announced - no more lowlevel
    * driver options necessary. One license will allow you to run as
    * many audio devices as you have.

    * OSS/3D Fidelity/3D Spatialization and Reverb feature added to
    * Virtual Mixer PRO. See: http://www.oss3d.com/usite/tech.html for
    * the description. These features work on any soundcard.

er is nooit een reden geweest om alsa te gebruiken, en nu het niks meer
kost, is de laatste smoes ook verdwenen.

zelf betaal ik het gewoon, omdat ik vind dat het wel supported mag
worden.

--
http://www.linux-it.nl