[linux] Linux op USB-stick -- LiveOS of echte installatie

Mark Janssen maniac.nl op gmail.com
Di Sep 19 13:22:07 CEST 2017

 Linux flash filesystemsJFFS, JFFS2 and YAFFSJFFS
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/JFFS> was the first flash-specific file
system for Linux <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linux>, but it was quickly
superseded by JFFS2 <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/JFFS2>, originally
developed for NOR flash. Then YAFFS <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/YAFFS>
was released in 2002, dealing specifically with NAND flash, and JFFS2 was
updated to support NAND flash too. UBIFSUBIFS
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UBIFS> has been merged since Linux 2.6.22[7]
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flash_file_system#cite_note-7> in 2008.
UBIFS has been actively developed from its initial merge.[8]
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flash_file_system#cite_note-8> UBIFS has
documentation <http://www.linux-mtd.infradead.org/doc/ubifs.html>
hosted at *infradead.org
<http://infradead.org>* along with JFFS2 and MTD drivers. Some initial
comparison show UBIFS with compression faster than F2FS.[9]
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flash_file_system#cite_note-9> LogFSLogFS
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LogFS>, another Linux flash-specific file
system, is currently being developed to address the scalability issues of
JFFS2. F2FSF2FS <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/F2FS> (Flash-Friendly File
System) was added to the Linux kernel
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linux_kernel> 3.8.[10]
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flash_file_system#cite_note-10> Instead of
being targeted at speaking directly to raw flash devices, F2FS is designed
to be used on flash-based storage devices that already include a flash
translation layer, such as SD cards <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SD_card>.
[11] <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flash_file_system#cite_note-11>

--
Mark Janssen  --  maniac(at)maniac.nl
Unix / Linux Open-Source and Internet Consultant